When there is moisture present in the home, chances are there is also an issue with mould, mildew, and termites. The impact of exposure to mould can be widespread and profound – leaving your family at risk for multiple health issues and creating major structural issues for the home. In order to prevent these issues, your home must have an effective subfloor ventilation system to eradicate excessive moisture. Coming to terms with the health impacts of mould is essential to protecting your family from long-term, potentially dangerous problems.
How Mould Affects You
Mould is a type of fungi. It is typically black, green, red, or blue in colour and has a thicker texture. There are hundreds of thousands of types of mould, many of which are harmless. However, several species of the fungus are toxic to humans – causing significant damage to the lungs and creating long-term health issues. Mould grows in damp, dark places in the home – moist subfloor areas are particularly prone to the growth of these spores. Exposure to mould creates health risks including:
- Respiratory Symptoms
- Immunological Reactions
With excessive moisture comes the increased risk of exposure to mould, mildew, termites, and more.
The only way of avoiding the health risks associated with mould is to keep your home free from excess moisture. With the right prevention strategies in place, you can prevent the growth of mould and keep your family safe from potential respiratory problems associated with breathing in the spore. Nationwide Subfloor Ventilation delivers full service solutions, which will prevent mould, mildew, termites, and more. We can assist with ventilation systems and other strategies to eradicate moisture. If you need assistance with mould in your home, contact Nationwide Subfloor Ventilation immediately.